Nuance Communications, Inc
Dragon Anywhere: Professional Grade Dictation App
Dragon Anywhere: Professional Grade Dictation App review
With Dragon Anywhere, you can work from any place on your documents, whether for a client brief or a quick presentation, with professional-grade mobile dictation. This app works as a productivity tool which lets corporate teams collaborate seamlessly, through dictation and syncing with Dropbox and Evernote. A full-year subscription will cost you $149.99 which is a bargain considering what this app offers.
If you’re going to do bulk dictations, this is the perfect app for it, and it doesn’t crash on you if the text gets too bulky much like other apps.
A few of the features I tested on Dragon Anywhere include:
- Powerful and responsive dictation with proven 99% accuracy.
- No word or time limits with continuous dictation, enabling you to dictate bulk documents.
- The ability to add keywords specific to your industry makes this especially suited for professional documents.
- With the new Train Words feature, you can actually teach Dragon your own diction and voice.
- Easy corrections.
- Gives you regular text editing features such as highlighting, formatting, or deletion.
- Provides report templates for which you can use your uploaded forms.
I like the ability to seamlessly sync my documents to Dropbox, which means I can view them on any device. The Train Words tool is an excellent addition as you can make the app more responsive to your own pronunciation.
Users have reported that this app requires them to create a Nuance account on the desktop site before they can access the mobile version. Currently, you need to copy text directly from the Dictation pad to the app you want to use. This experience could be made better by integrating the app with other Open Office utilities so that I could, for example, open a Dragon file directly on a Word app without having to copy and paste.
For your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, you’ll need at least iOS 9.0. The APK requires Android 4.4 or later.
This app is especially useful for those who work on the go like me. You can sync the app with your desktop for maximum productivity. Powerful editing and voice training features complete the experience because you can work even faster and make fewer mistakes during dictation. The app also integrates with Evernote, which is a cherry on top.