Among Us review
Among Us, developed by David J. Maloney, is a horror game that is available for iOS and Android devices. The game is set in a post-apocalyptic world that is following the aftermath of a nuclear war. The player is thrown into the game as a survivor who is tasked with surviving the harsh environment. The player is given the choice to explore and scavenge for supplies, or to stay in an abandoned building that has been converted into a safe haven.
The player must make decisions on how to explore the world, including whether to explore a building or to scavenge the environment. Exploration is often done to find supplies, including food, water, or weapons. The player can choose to stay in the safe house and wait for the situation to improve, or they can venture out and try to find supplies.
The game has a gritty, dark, and muddy look that follows the post-apocalyptic theme. The environment is not always clear, and the player must use their flashlight to see what is going on.
The game does have some replayability. The player can explore the world and find different types of buildings and different supplies, but the world is also procedurally generated. The different buildings are always generated, but the supplies are not.
- The game is not linear, and the player is free to explore their world;
- The gameplay is harsh and unforgiving, which can be an enjoyable experience for some players;
- The game is only available for iOS and Android, so it is quick and easy to download;
- The game is not linear, so other players might not enjoy the lack of direction;
- The game can be difficult to play on a small screen;
- The graphics are not always clear;